Re: redirects don't seem to be working

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:29:30PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Sunday 02 November 2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote
> about 'redirects don't seem to be working':
> >I have a network dgw is
> >
> >ip is available via
> >
> >so on I have set
> >

> >net.ipv4.conf.eth1.send_redirects = 1
> Okay, but does know that is reachable via
>  Specifically, does it have a route for that specific host.
> Look at the output of /sbin/route -n or /sbin/ip route show.

yep I have one, use ip r.

my current work around is to use SNAT and iptables, which is not the
best solution as every packet will need to come and then go back out the
new router (

> It won't sent redirects for routes it doesn't know.  It only knows the
> routes it's been told or discovers.  (I'm not exactly sure how it would
> discover this route.)
> --
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
> bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))
> ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy           `-'(. .)`-'
> http://iguanasuicide.org/                      \_/

"Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person -- people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person."

	- George W. Bush
New Orleans, LA