Re: vi -- Turn off Line Number Colors and Screen Buffering

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 23:16 +0100, Matt Miller wrote:
> >From GNOME terminal, when I:
>
> vi x
> :set nu
>
> the line numbers are colored, and I want to get rid of that.  Also, I
> don't want the editor to do whatever special screen buffer swapping, or
> whatever it is, that prevents me from scrolling back in my terminal
> history when the editor is open, and then clears away the screen and
> redisplays what was there before after the editor is closed.

If you're using gvim/vim as the default vi, and you use strict vi
compatibility mode, you could change the default alternative setup to
point to nvi instead.

I'm not sure how, or even if you can, turn off the color highlighting
feature in gvim/vim.

--
Bob McGowan