owner permissions

Hi I am using Debian-lenny beta 2 ,and I don't no how to get "owner permissions" so that I can download ndiswrapper and install it,I have bean reading the "Gconf help" files but sadly that was not much help, and also the reason that I am sending you this email is I cant or don't seam to be getting contract with the other users,I have sent several users emails and I don't get Anne feedback at all it is really frustrating, thank you.