Re: ecryptfs

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 06:46:30 -0500, Paul Cartwright (ale@pcartwright.com) wrote:

> I was reading a ubuntu how-to on ecryptfs ( for my laptop) and was
> interested in installing it on my Debian desktop. the ecryptfs-utils app
> installed just fine, but there was no user program
> (ecryptfs-setup-private ), per this doc:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EncryptedPrivateDirectory
>
> to create the user encrypted folder. man ecryptfs doesn't show any
> examples, so I am at a loss as to how to create a user encrypted folder,
> or is that possible in Debian?

Hi Paul - I know nothing about ecryptfs, although it sounds interesting.
However, ecryptfs-setup-private *should* be there according to apt-file:

bob@trantor:~$ apt-file search ecryptfs-setup-private
ecryptfs-utils: /usr/bin/ecryptfs-setup-private
ecryptfs-utils: /usr/share/man/man1/ecryptfs-setup-private.1.gz

This is with lenny.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.