Adobe Reader install fails - out of space

Greetings;

When I installed Debian on my laptop I chose the option
to set up various separate file systems. Should have followed the KISS principle!

Anyway, I downloaded AdobeReader_enu-8.1.2_SU1-1.i386.deb from the Adobe web site and tried to install it with dpkg -i
but I get this result.

Unpacking adobereader-enu (from AdobeReader_enu-8.1.2_SU1-1.i386.deb) ... dpkg: error processing AdobeReader_enu-8.1.2_SU1-1.i386.deb (--install):
 failed in buffer_write(fd) (10, ret=-1):
backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/Adobe/Reader8/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/EScript.api': No space left on device
 dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
  AdobeReader_enu-8.1.2_SU1-1.i386.deb

The root partition is out of space and suspect that is the problem, but what do I know!

Any way, does anybody know how I can fis this problem or change the sizes of my file systems without a reinstall?

Many TIA!
Dennis