Re: mondo + rkhunter

Richard Möhn wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 06:01:22AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Did mondo backup to DVD + restored to different partition.

Now on that different partition rkhunter spits out all sorts of warnings:

Warning: The file properties have changed:
         File: /bin/bash
         Current inode: 472355    Stored inode: 944706

How to tell rkhunter:
Hey dude, we are on a different partition! Reset all your warnings and start from scratch!

Maybe with:

rkhunter --propupd

I don't know if it will work, but this command seems the best matching
in the manpage.

I used the chicken way out:

apt-get remove --purge rkhunter
apt-get install rkhunter

and then got only:

Warning: The file '/usr/sbin/unhide' exists on the system, but it is not present in the rkhunter.dat file. Warning: The file '/usr/sbin/unhide-linux26' exists on the system, but it is not present in the rkhunter.dat file.
Warning: Found enabled inetd service: printer
Warning: Found enabled inetd service: /usr/sbin/vmware-authd

Note that the first 2 warnings are his own doing: those 2 files were installed when rkhunter was installed.

Hugo