Re: nfs problem

Kurian Thayil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I can remember correctly. Include the option no_root_squash
> in /etc/exports of B. It will be like,
>
> /home/storage/video   A(rw,sync,subtree_check,no_root_squash)
>
> You will be able to read-write as root if you include this
> option.

This did not really work. To my amazement, the following drastic
simplification worked:

on B: /etc exports reads

/home/storage/video   A(async) C(async)

A user on the home net (desktop machine A or C) can mount, read,
and write the shared directory now.

nfs remains mysterious. But I am slowly gaining experience, now my
home has become 100% Debian (two desktops and a
gateway/server/firewall).

Regards, Jan