Broken perl

Hello. I've got a very complex situation here with perl. I'm running
sid, and last weekend's update left my system partially broken.
Basically, perl was left in a "partially installed" status. This means
that perl itself and several other packages cannot be upgraded because
the system can't find some perl files.

Currently, I've got several packages flaged for
removal/install/update. So when I start aptitude I press "g", and then
it proceeds to do its stuff, but I get things like this:

Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
(Reading database ... 206704 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing ttf-liberation ...
Can't locate File/Copy.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/defoma-font line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/defoma-font line 7.
dpkg: error processing ttf-liberation (--purge):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
  ttf-liberation
  A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:

And then a lot of similar stuff for all the other packages.
Eventually, it does nothing at all.

Currently, all this packages fail to install correctly:

 libxml-parser-perl
 libperl5.10
 man-db
 mono-gac
 libgnome2-canvas-perl
 python
 libgnome2-perl
 libgnome2-vfs-perl
 libglib-perl
 libsnmp15
 libgtk2-perl
 deskbar-applet
 yelp
 perl
 libhtml-parser-perl
 gnome-system-tools
 gconf2
 hplip-data
 libbit-vector-perl
 gnome-applets
 libxml-twig-perl
 hplip
 libhtml-tagset-perl
 libnet-dbus-perl
 mono-runtime
 gnome-user-guide
 perl-modules
 libmono2.0-cil
 python-brlapi
 libgconf2.0-cil
 system-tools-backends
 fast-user-switch-applet
 libmono-addins0.2-cil
 liboobs-1-4
 libwww-perl
 libmono-system-web2.0-cil
 libmono1.0-cil
 libgnome2.0-cil
 libmono-addins-gui0.2-cil

And I guess most of it is due to the fact that perl failed to be
upgraded correctly, for whatever reason I don't understand.

For reference, perl-base is flagged for update, from 5.8.8-12 to
5.10.0-16, but currently the perl package has a "B" flag and
perl-modules has a "u" flag, and aptitude says I have version
5.10.0-16 installed, which is the latest. But they've not been
configured completely, and several things do not work.

None of my perl scripts work, and some other things don't either (xdvi
does not work, I have to start it directly with xdvi.bin; and printer
is not working either, don't know if perl is involved here).

I'd appreciate any help to return the system to a workable state.

I thought of removing all perl packages and installing again, but I
would pass through a state where many dependences are broken, and I'm
not sure that's a safe thing to do now.

Regards,

Victor