Re: digital forensics - recovering images from a memory card with trashed file system

Micha a écrit :

I tried 3. I wouldn't be able to access the card at all without one ...
Like I said, it's not the card that's the problem it's the file system that is
ruined, and even that partially, it's the file inodes (or whatever they are
called under fat) or directory entries that were junked. I'm guessing that due
to some concurrent read/write without a mutex or something like that.

Hi,

maybe Testdisk can help you rebuild the filesystem, it has never worked great for me on usb drives though... It's more easily done if you know exactly what the fs was, the partition scheme...

Otherwise, did you try your camera or the memory card manufacturer website ? They may have emergency rescue tools.

Tom