Disk /dev/md6 doesn't contain valid partition table

Hi:
Major mistake (shutting down the ups unit) while doing a parallel
computation on all 8 processors (UMA-type machine amd64 lenny with
raid 1 two disks).

On restarting the machine and the computation,

"fdisk -l" showed
 "Disk /dev/md6 doesn't contain a valid partition table"

"df -h" showed
97G 1.1G 91G 2% /home
(which should have been ca 70% used).

All other partitions were OK, as they should be.

 "top -i" showed
all 8 instances fo the parallel procedure
md6_resync (CPU% 6)
md5_resync (CPU% 0)
kjournald

After some time md6_resync, md5_resync, kjournald disappeared, leaving
only the 8 parallel procedures.

Commanding "cat density6.out" the parallel procedure seems to work
regularly, confirmed by "la -l" which shows all files (some as large
as 100MB) for the present computation and the 5 analogous computations
already carried out (of these five computations I had scp sent a copy
to my desktop).

Where are the data for the current 6th computation being stored?

The computer was then shutdown and restarted

df -h output as above.

fdisk -l
Neither /dev/md6 nor /dev/md5 have a valid partition table.

cd to my home shows all directories and files for work (in my home
only data from computations, all applications installed in
/usr/local).

What could I do to set up the sytem in order before resuming the computation?

Thanks
francesco pietra