Re: Problem installing Iceweasel

On 10/27/08 23:17, Arthur Barlow wrote:
I've been trying to install Iceweasel with Aptitude, but the same thing happens each time. Even if I purge all the Iceweasel files and directories, and then do a reinstall the result is that there is a soft link in "/usr/bin/iceweasel" that points to "/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel." But, when I look in "/lib" there isn't even a subdirectory called "iceweasel." What's going wrong?

Any error messages?

What branch are you using?  (Etch, Lenny, Sid, Sarge?)

My kernel is "2.6.26-1-686." The

Doesn't matter.

machine is an older P3 Gateway.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.