Re: Recording from XM radio

On 10/26/08 07:46, Mark Neidorff wrote:
[snip]

Two questions:

Yesterday, I spoke with a sales droid from the cable company (Cablevision). He said that I could continue to get a static IP through them. If you can confirm that Cablevision will offer me a static IP, please let me know.

Every ISP offers static IP addresses for an extra fee.

Also, part of the conversion (if all is well with everythig) I will be getting an XM account. From reading on the web, I know that with my XM account, I can listen to XM on my computer. Would someone please tell me how to record XM from their internet stream? Recording audio in general isn't the problem, but specifically for XM is.

This might be the sticky wicket, since they might use a proprietary protocol which no Linux apps understand.

I would really like to get everything set before I decide to make the change, because this will change EVERYTHING--Internet, TV, radio, phone--for me and I want to be sure that everything is right before I make the change.

Except for XM Radio, it's not that big of a deal.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.