High Disk Temperatures

Got my new WDC800 disk up and running, LVM (fantastic tool!). 2.6.26-rt now
boots without problems.

I have noted that during high disk access rates, the temperature of the WDC
soars (from a 33c idle to up to 44c!). Such high temperatures are not
desirable.

Is there an app or daemon that can be coupled with the temperature monitor or
to ksensors that can reduce disk access rates at a certain limit temperature?

There seems to be some internal sleep function in this disk.