apcupsd and hal

Hi

it seems like my apcupsd deamon get stuck when hal is probing /dev/usb/hidinput0 (the ups).

when I kill hal apcupsd is okay, otherwise it get stuck can't kill it with -9 :(

how can i tell hal to not watch for the ups ?

or is there some other work around for this ?

Alex

--
"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will."

	- George W. Bush
10/05/2002
Manchester, NH
speaking about Saddam Hussein