Re: cannot install all updates

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 02:54:05AM -0400, JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> was heard to say:
> Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > I dont want to start a church war, but try try aptitude why-not <package>
>
> Bless you ;)
>
> Anyhow, I tried that with hal, and it just told me that hal did not have to be
> removed.

  why-not is (currently) a bit of a misnomer: all it says is whether
anything conflicts with the target package.

  "aptitude -D safe-upgrade" might print some more useful information.
The aptitude in squeeze will have better support for explaining upgrade
situations, but obviously this won't help you right now.

  Daniel