Re: Wireless Dead

On 10/23/08, Felipe Gallois <felipe@gallois.com.br> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 19:56, Mike Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Last night my wireless just stopped working for no reason. I unpacked
>> my laptop from my school bag, tried to connect to my router but it
>> didn't do anything. It kept timing out the DHCP. So I tried scanning
>> to see if my router was picked up, but it turns out that iwlist ath0
>> scan only reported a quality of 17/70. While within range of the
>> router (55/70) I am still unable to connect. Everything else works
>> fine and my interface is brought up properly, but I have no way to
>> properly connect it.
>>
>> I am using an Eee PC 900 with the madwifi drivers.
>>

>> --
>>

> can you connect to another network?
> did you upgrade your system?
> what version are you running?
>
> cheers!

-No, I haven't had the chance, but I have a feeling it won't prove any
differently.
-No, I didn't. Although I did install cryptsetup and dmsetup which may
have had something do with it, being that they messed with the
initramfs...But I've since recovered my backup initramfs and the
wireless still refuses to work.
- Lenny on kernel 2.6.25