Re: chipcardd4 ?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 05:59:24 -0400, Paul Cartwright (ale@pcartwright.com) wrote:

> I was doing a top to see what was going on, and I noticed chipcard4.
>
>  9460 chipcard  20   0  6136 1768 1148 S    1  0.1  94:25.74 chipcardd4
>
> what is it?? google wasn't much help, it just showed Debian packages
> that don't have man pages..

bob@trantor:~$ apt-file search chipcardd4
libchipcard-tools: /usr/sbin/chipcardd4

So it is part of the libchipcard-tools package.

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libchipcard-tools says:

"libchipcard provides an API for accessing smartcards. Examples are
memory cards, as well as HBCI (home banking), German GeldKarte
(electronic small change), and KVK (health insurance) cards.

This packages contains tools for chipcards, e.g. geldkarte, as well as
the server managing the communication between chipcards and
applications."

Hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.