CUPS (ISO-8859-1) (SLPReq)

Am I the only one who didn't get the message that CUPS no longer supported ISO-8859-1?

After CUPS broke I did some digging around and eventually found a note in a gentoo forum that the clients need to be rebuilt to UTF-8 locales. This fixed my linux client not being able to print.

Now I'm on to the next problem:

SLPReg of "<my printer> failed with status -20!

That and the fact that my macbooks cannot access/see any printers when they could last week lends me to believe that something about this has broken. I'm open to suggesions on this one as I have no clues. I have no firewalls, but there are other messages about SNMP messages not getting a resonse from the server. I don't have SNMP configured.