Re: file mailing utility?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,19.Oct.08, 15:10:31, Miles Fidelman wrote:
I've started to use some of the on-line services that will upload a file to temporary storage, then forward a link, by email, to recipients - who can then click the link and download the files (e.g., filemail.com, pando.com).

But, since I happen to run several servers (Debian LAMP environment, Postfix for email), I've started to look for a utility I can install that will provide this same functionality.

Anybody out there running such a beast?  Suggestions?

How about an ftp server (or am I missing something in your requirements)?

with a basic file server, I either need to make every file publicly available, or do something to make a file accessible only to a specific recipient, be it setting up a separate account, using a secret filename, or encrypting the file

there are a number of services (e.g. filemail.com) that do all of this in an integrated fashion
1) fill in the blanks: email address, filename
2) automatically uploads file
3) automatically encrypts, stores, assigns URL (ftp or http)
4) sends an email to the specified recipient(s) - who can then download the file - email may include a password (or it can be in the URL)

In essence, the idea is to make sending a large file by email, almost as easy as sending a small one - without running afoul of size limits at either the sending or receiving end.

I'm looking for a package that will do all of this, that I can install locally.

Miles