Re: [Debian-User] iceweasel + lprng

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 05:10:35PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>>
>> When I try to print a page from iceweasel, if I have lprng as my
>> spooler engine, I don't  get in the file-print menu an option to print
>> PostScript/default as I do with iceape.
>
> I use standard LPD to print.  Do you have the xprint package installed?
> Is the about:config line for the lpr command line correct?
>
> Doug.

I've never used xprint.  I never needed it before.  I've used for
several years now plain lprng && (magicfilter || foomatic-filters).
Lately more foomatic-filters since there's no so good documentation
around new network printers, which I can't find in the filters
themselves, so I go and download the specific PPD's from the web...

Maybe using xprint might help, but I wanted to see 1st if there's a
way to make iceweasel print through plain lpr by itself...  At last
I'll look then for xprint, and see how can it help, taking into
account I'm using iceweasel version 3.0.3...

Thanks,

--
Javier