Re: Building Okular without KDE 4

On Oct 17, 4:10 pm, John Hasler <jhas...@debian.org> wrote:
> JoseC.Rodriguez writes:
> > ...everytime the package and libraries get updated it'll have to be
> > downloaded again and again (if you're on Sid).
>
> Why do you think you have to constantly update everything just because you
> are running Sid?

I don't think so, but I definitely do updates more often in sid than
in etch. I'd find the opposite quite exotic.

The point here, anyway, is the inconvenience of having to have loads
of different libraries (and versions) to run what one would expect/
hope to be simple and self-contained applications.

Jose