Re: Building Okular without KDE 4

Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
Having used okular in KDE 4, I believe it is one of the best and most
feature rich pdf viewer out there. Mainly highlighting and ability to
do comments are of most interest to me.

However, I do not use KDE 4. Is it possible to build okular using QT4
libraries without KDE4? The package requirements in debian lists that
okular requires a bunch of kde 4 dependencies. A quick google search
did not reveal anything right away so I thought I'd ask here....

Any ideas?

I don't use KDE 4 either. apt-get update + apt-get install okular offers to install/upgrade 57 libraries and install okular. 113MB. That takes me about 5 hours. If you have broadband takes you 5 minutes.

Why don't you just do that?

Hugo