Re: USB ownership

Paul Cartwright:

> My wife plugged in a USB stick, to save a file to it. It would not let
> her save a file, permission denied.
> I am logged in first, vt7, she is logged in 2nd, vt8, and when I
> switched to my login, there was the disk window open ( /media/disk).

I don't know what Debian's current default solution for auto-mounting
is, but the problem is that this program simply cannot tell who of you
is using the USB drive.

The best solution is probably to find out which program is responsible
for that and tell it to always make the drive read-/writable to a
specific group to which both of your users belong ("users" is the most
simple option). That way the owner doesn't matter anymore.

J.
--
If I am asked 'How are you' more than a million times in my life I
promise to explode.