Re: OT: welcome back

DSL normally is sent as a number of frequency bands called bins.  The
spectrum ranges from 0 to about 1MHz.  The DSL filter is used to
separate the bottom bin which is used for POTS (plain old telephone
service).  In the home the filter is usually inserted in series with
any line that may "belch" from the higher frequencies (such as a FAX).
Larry