Re: ext3 filesystem and file name restrictions

Adam Hardy:

> For instance, there is one file name like this:
>
> 2AE2EAEE-57AC-46D8-B619-C2167D4C6786:ABPerson.abcdp
>
> which has a colon in it that I guess is the problem.

I am not sure either, but I'd bet on that, too. I guess this is not even
a problem with neither MacOS X or ext3 -- it might be a restriction you
get because you are using samba. On Windows the colon has a special
meaning in path names (it's exclusively used for drive letters like c:)
and I wouldn't be surprised if this is reflected in their filesharing
protocol as well.

J.
--
Quite often I wonder why I am not more famous and/or more wealthy.
[Agree]   [Disagree]