Re: old dos and win3.1 games on Debian Etch amd64

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:29:55PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:21:51PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>>
>>> Now I have an AMD Athlon 3800+ with 1 GB ram, run Debian Etch amd64 with
>>> the nVidia driver in icewm.
>>>
>>> I have the dos 6.3 set of 5 floppies and the Windows 3.11 set of 6
>>> floppies.  I also have the Harpoon for windows CD.
>>>
>>> The question is what app to run to make it work.  The choices seem to be
>>>
>>> dosbox
>>>
>>> qemu
>>>
>>> bochs
>>>
>> wine started its life as a windows 3.11 emulator (or non-emulatr,
>> whatever).
>>

> Not in amd64.

At this point, I still think it's too early to run a 64-bit environment
unless you actually have programs that require 64-bit support.  Too much
stuff still only supports a 32-bit environment.  You're shooting
yourself in the foot if you're running 64-bit on a desktop with no
explicit need.