Re: hanging on startup

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:42:25AM +0300, Erik Brucken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my system amd64/unstable won't start up anymore after latest upgrade. Last
> message before booting stops is "dirmngr..." I cannot give more details right
> now. Anyone with same experience out there?

No experience since I'm not on unstable.  Have you tried single-user
mode?  On Debian, that still starts a lot of services.  To avoid the
whole init stuff, try using init=/bin/sh on the kernel command line
(edit it from the grub menu before the kernel tries to boot).  This will
isolate a kernel problem from an init problem.

Doug.