Re: Slow SATA

On 10/14/08 11:50, Sam Leon wrote:
I just bought a new motherboard, Asus M3A79-T. The hard drives I am using can get speeds of over 100MBs but with this motherboard they only get about 48MBs max. I can disable ncq with echo 1 > /sys/block/sda/device/queue_depth It gave me a 5MBs boost but that was all. I also tried blacklisting ata_generic but that didn't help either. I am kind of out of ideas on how to trouble shoot farther. Any one got a clue?

Sys info:

########################
user@user:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
nvidia               7792656  26
ppdev                  11656  0
[snip]

You left out the most important bits of data:

What kernel are you running?

Stock or home-rolled?

My bet is that your kernel doesn't have the proper chipset module compiled in it.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.