Re: Fwd: (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket)

Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Paul Cartwright <paul@pcartwright.com>wrote:
>
>> Aioanei Rares wrote:

I could change that line & restart X easily..
but I changed a power setting, my computer went into suspend mode. I hit
the power button to wake it up, and now Xorg.0.log shows this at the end:
(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "nvidia-auto-select"
(II) NVIDIA(0): Unable to connect to the ACPI daemon; the ACPI daemon
may not
(II) NVIDIA(0):     be running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration
option
(II) NVIDIA(0):     may not be set correctly.  When the ACPI daemon is
(II) NVIDIA(0):     available, the NVIDIA X driver can use it to receive
ACPI
(II) NVIDIA(0):     events.  For details, please see the
"ConnectToAcpid" and
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in
Appendix B: X
(II) NVIDIA(0):     Config Options in the README.
(II) Mouse0: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
SetGrabKeysState - enabled
(II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "nvidia-auto-select"
(II) Mouse0: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
SetGrabKeysState - disabled
SetGrabKeysState - enabled