Re: Running app full-screen

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 06:13:38PM -0700, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> I'd like to run a single application (tellico) full-screen in a
> dedicated VNC session *without* a window manager. I'm not sure how to
> force the application to be full-screen, though.
>
> If my xstartup contains "exec tellico," it launches properly but only
> takes up a fraction of the screen. Is there a way to adjust the
> geometry without resorting to a window manager?

I think (its been many years since I tried) that most if not all X apps
will accept a --geometry setting on the command line.  Once you get that
right, there's a file (I forget the name) in your home directory that
maps Xresources (that may be the file name) like geometry to application
names.

I hope that this points you in the right direction.

Doug.