Re: Compile vanilla 2.6.27 using make-kpkg

2008/10/12 thveillon.debian <thveillon.debian@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a 2.6.27 compiled from kernel.org sources since the day it was
> released, running fine. I compiled it with Lenny default kernel-package, the
> Debian way, and had no trouble.
> I then compiled it with Sid newly revised kernel-package for testing (aka
> "fun" !) purpose, the compilation went smoothly, including creation of
> kernel-headers, but I didn't actually try the resulting kernel yet.
>
> I'm on Lenny amd64.
>
> Basically command is :
>
> make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version -vanilla64 --revision 2 kernel-image
> kernel-headers

But you ended up with a .deb package at the end, Mine is failing
before creating the package.
My installed kernel-package version is 11.007 what was yours?

What did you use for a .config file? Mine is from linux-image-2.6.26
in lenny, answered the few new questions and went with that.
I will try your command but can't see how the --append-to-version and
--revision options would stop it from working.

As soon as it stops compiling again, I'll post the exact error message.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.