Re: wrong hostname on ssh login on host after installing linuxVserver

On 11-okt-2008, at 14:31, Steve Kemp wrote:

On Sat Oct 11, 2008 at 14:19:25 +0200, oneman wrote:

so I get something like

	Debian GNU/Linux (etch/x86_64) lvs-guest.onemanifest.net

instead something like

	Debian GNU/Linux (etch/x86_64) host.onemanifest.net

Where does the ssh login get this hostname from, if not from /etc/
hostname?

  Sounds more like this is your /etc/motd file that is being displayed
 rather than anything SSH specific.

Yep, that's it. Thanks!

Still, it's strange that the lvs newserver command somehow changed this file. I does this on the guests, which is usefull to distinguis between guests, but I don't see how it could have mistaken the host for a guest.

Thanks,

Peter