Re: How to check USB harddrive?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri,10.Oct.08, 21:19:13, Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

I have a WD external USB harddrive which I use for backups. How can I check the drive? Is it possible to use S.M.A.R.T (is it supported on USB drives)? As it is my backup drive I'd prefer to know if something's going wrong.

The drive is encrypted with luks, automounted by hal. I use Debian sid, Gnome.

S.M.A.R.T. doesn't work on my external drive. Try the docs from smartmontools, they have some information about this.

Is it a SATA drive?

Hugo