Re: iptables script - where to put it?

On 10/10/2008 09:04 AM, tyler wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to firewall my laptop. I think I've got an
appropriate, simple iptables script, but I can't figure out where to put
it. Google provides lots of conflicting advice. I think it's supposed to
go in /etc/init.d/? What do I need to do with this file to get it to run
every time I boot? The actual content is copied below.
[...]

/Etc/init.d/ is the right folder, but your script must be structured properly too. The script must respond to the commands "start," "stop" and "restart." For an example, see /etc/init.d/gdm.