Re: Home directories: local(fast) x remote(secure, available)

Hi, Mr Konzack,

Thank you very much for your time and guidance.

In fact, our cabling is in poor condition, right now, so we're budgeting
to replace all of it soon, with a new CAT6 harness. I'll arrange to replace
also the switches - that will allow us to move to GB ethernet in the workstations
at the end of current leasing period (next year).

However, our uplink to the the server room is a single 1GB fiber link.
Actually, there are two links, but that's only for redundancy, it's not trunking.
There are about 20 users, 10 of which are tipical windows office users -
mostly local data and processing, network only for web, e-mail and printing.
The remaining users are doing debian etch, including remote home and a lot of
ssh -XC sessions. Do you think that only one link will be enough?

Thanks a lot,
João

--
João Carlos de Lima Roscoe