Re: kernel config: where is libata?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I can't use the Debian (Sid) kernels because VGA=<nnn> does not work on my box: gets 'invalid videomode'. I can use Debian kernels with uvesafb but its companion v86d dies with my new GeForce 6200 AGP after a while.

But all works well when I roll my own kernel. Except then I cannot use smart with an external USB ATA disk I have.

It seems the libata kernel module is missing: I see that with 2.6.26-1-686 and not with my kernel. But what CONFIG_ parm turns it on? Or where in make menuconfig does one enable it?

It's this:

Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers

but that is configured 'Y' and gets me no closer.

Anybody has a link to what to turn on for smart use of external USB disks?

Hugo