Re: recompiling the debian kernel..getting wierd messege.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed,08.Oct.08, 15:16:41, Michael Habashy wrote:
> Newbie quetion here - I just tried following the tutorial on how to compile
> a debian kernel - http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_debian
>
> It worked great - till i had to initialize with the new kernel...I keep
> getting these messeges:
>

> Waiting 16 seconds for /*sys/block/sdb/sdb1/dev* to show up. /bin/cat:
> /*sys/block/
> sdb/sdb1/dev*: *No such file or directory*. *Device* /*
> sys/block/sdb/sdb1/dev
>

> does anyone have an idea ???

What .config did you use? If you just made small modifications it would
be nice to write which ones (you can use diff).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

How can i do this ???
i over written the .config file that was there with the one that is provided by the 2.6.18.6 kernel by default.  i just did minor modifications like add sata driver support because it was not enabled.

thjanks
mjh