Re: recompiling the debian kernel..getting wierd messege.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Michael Habashy <mjh2000@gmail.com> wrote:
Newbie quetion here - I just tried following the tutorial on how to compile a debian kernel - http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_debian

It worked great - till i had to initialize with the new kernel...I keep getting these messeges:

Waiting 16 seconds for /sys/block/sdb/sdb1/dev to show up. /bin/cat: /sys/block/ sdb/sdb1/dev: No such file or directory. Device /sys/block/sdb/sdb1/dev

does anyone have an idea ???

i have 3 harddrives.  the boot drive has Vista and the second drive has debian - i have not setup the 3rd drive yet.
they all are SATA drives.

thanks
mjh

before i get a lot of these messeges, it starts with :
Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods ...

then the 2.26.5 Kernel that i am trying to compile gives me a Kernel panic error.

thanks
mjh