Re: [OT?] hardware compatibility of new PC

Miles Bader <miles.bader@necel.com> writes:
> The "radeon" driver in experimental works fine with the builtin video on
> the 780G -- just no acceleration.

Oh, and just to be explicit:  the last time I tried (maybe a month ago),
the "radeon" driver in unstable _didn't_ work with the 780G video (I
think the actual name of the video hardware is "HD3200", and the GPU
family is R780?), nor did the "radeonhd" driver in either distribution.

[The git versions of either driver are probably a bit better, but it's
annoying enough to build everything that I've just stuck with what's in
debian experimental.]

-Miles

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi