Re: how to create an image of your debian computer hard drive for cloning

Aniruddha a écrit :
On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 22:22 -0400, David Clymer wrote:
Clonezilla uses partimage which I haven't found too reliable. I still
prefer to tar /. It works perfectly every time.
Clonezilla allows you to pick the method you want it to use. One of
those methods is partimage. Others are dd, ntfsclone, and partclone.
-davidc

That sounds good! I'll remember clonezilla if I need it in the near
future.

I like Clonezilla too, but you can give Mondo a shot :

"powerful disaster recovery suite

Mondo is reliable. It backs up your Debian GNU/Linux server or workstation to tape, CD-R, CD-RW, NFS or hard disk partition. In the event of catastrophic data loss, you will be able to restore all of your data [or as much as you want], from bare metal if necessary. Mondo is in use by numerous blue-chip enterprises and large organizations, dozens of smaller companies, and tens of thousands of users.

Mondo is comprehensive. Mondo supports LVM, RAID, ext2, ext3, JFS, XFS,
ReiserFS, VFAT, and can support additional file systems easily. It supports adjustments in disk geometry, including migration from non-RAID to RAID. Mondo runs on all major Linux distributions and is getting better all the time. You may even use it to backup non-Linux partitions, such as NTFS.

Homepage: http://www.mondorescue.org";

Available in your local apt-get store.

Tom