Re: iptables LOG

Mumia W.. on 30/09/08 07:54, wrote:
On 09/29/2008 02:03 PM, Marcin Kłapkowski wrote:
I set iptables rule for logging.

# iptables -I INPUT -m limit --limit 15/minute -j LOG --log-level 4
--log-prefix "firewall: "

It's logging in warning level. And my logs goes to kern.log file. It's
for now, but more over, this logs are flooded into console tty if i'm
without X. [...]

To find out how to stop this, read "man dmesg" and inspect the "-n" option.

Out of interest, will dmesg -n X survive a reboot? Or is there another config option for this?

Adam