Re: RAMDISK:Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0 ... (etch)

Gerard Robin wrote:
Hello,
my box works fine since about two years with etch, and this morning I
installed cupsys, hplip ... I rebooted the machine and I got:
---------------------------------8<------------------------
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input.input0
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0
VFS: Cannot open device "302" or unknown-block (3, 2)
Please append a correct "root=" boot ....
Kernel panic ....

My machine seems ok, because it boot correctly on puppy.(on an USB
drive)
The mbr seems ok, I can boot windows or linux until Kernel panic ...

I use: the package debian linux-image-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486 an the
bootloader lilo.

/boot/initrd.img-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486

Can someone gives me a clue to solve the problem otherwise that
to reinstall etch entirely on my box.

I would try a Knoppix CD and see what's out there.

Hugo