Re: console font corruption after exiting xorg

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Scott Edwards <supadupa@gmail.com> wrote:
> After I switch to a console screen, or exit from xorg, the console
> font is corrupted.  I can see what I type, but you cannot make out
> what the characters are on the screen.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how troubleshoot this?  I didn't find
> any related bugs on bts.

I had similar problems. For me, adding either (or both!):

Option "TexturedVideo" "on"

or

Option "ModeSetClearScreen" "false"

to the "Device" section of my xorg.conf fixed the problem (sorry I
can't work out which exactly, but it should be simple for you to test
whether or not either of these will help you).

Jaime :-)