Re: [OT] skype

2008/9/26 Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk>:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:05:09 +0300
> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dotan,
>
> Ah, I said "for masochists" because it's going to be painfully slow over
> a DU account.  Skype has (fairly) high bandwidth requirements and
> therefore the modem may not be able to cope.  The result being dropped
> packets, and consequently, the inability to understand what's being
> said.

I understood what you meant, that it would be a pain to use. I then
made a parallel with Debian being a pain to use. Of course I was only
joking, otherwise I wouldn't be using it.

> It wasn't a comment on the VoIP technology itself, or the people that
> wish to use it.  Skype, and similar products, are very useful.

I use Skype myself, and enjoy it very much.

> Sorry for the confusion.

There was none, other than the confusion of my own doing.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il