Re: no sound in debian 4.0

On Sat,27.Sep.08, 09:16:34, Star Liu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Rajeev Kumar <rajeevcoder@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi i have recently installed debian 4.0 but no sound.
> according to my experience, when installing, if i selected desktop in
> the tasksel, the audio works; if i didn't select that, i need to run
> "apt-get install libesd-alsa0", and then "alsaconf", follow the
> default settings.

My sound works without doing that:

$ dpkg -l libesd-alsa0
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                                Version                            Description
un  libesd-alsa0                        <none>                             (no description available)

In my oppinion the relevant package is alsa-utils. If you install that
and don't have sound after a reboot, *then* you have a problem.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)