Re: libc6

Sven Joachim:
> On 2008-09-25 19:15 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>> Correction: I guess it isn't broken in any way, it's just that all your
>> other programs are linked to an older version and don't work with the
>> new one.
>
> Please stop spreading that clueless FUD.  In fact, the glibc has been
> upward-compatible for more than 10 years and will likely remain so for
> another decade.

I am sorry if my guesses have been wrong.

>>> Basically I cannot exec rsync, scp
>>> If I manage to get the old libc6, I used to have, and manage some how to
>>> install it (since I cannot execute dpkg) it wil work (in theory)?
>>
>> Yes, I think so.
>
> Only that it will be difficult to unpack it, unless there is some
> statically linked program on the system that can do that.

Sure, that's why I hinted that another, working system is probably
needed. If the OP has access to a serial console he might be able to
boot off a rescue disk or something like that.

J.
--
I use a Playstation to block out the existence of my partner.
[Agree]   [Disagree]