Re: Choppy video when compiz is active.

Hi Ron,

> On 09/23/08 02:31, Digital Ninja wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I have a problem, where I am not sure if I am missing a module, or have
>> an xorg.conf issue. I am using an Radeon X1400 video card in my laptop
>> (Lenovo R60) I have compiz up and running, and seem to have no other
>> issues. When I start a video while compiz is running, then the video is
>> very choppy. During cube rotate or when moving the normalized window,
>> the video blinks and is almost full screen. I have tried to submit this
>> question to the xorg list, but am having technical difficulties getting
>> my mail posted.
>>
>> Here is some info, that I hope will be helpful in finding the error.
> [snip]
>> Section "Device"
>>     Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
>>     Driver      "fglrx"
>>     BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>> EndSection
> [snip]
>>
>> And the last bit of info baffles me every time.
>>

>> ~$ glxinfo | grep -i direct
>> direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

I have upgraded to the Catalyst 8.9, and now direct rendering is working
again, but still choppy video. Can I provide you with more information
to help? Were you refering to the kernel module (fglrx) or something in
my xorg.conf. Thanks for your help.

--
--Shawn

Computers are like air conditioniers, they function until you open windows.