Re: Choppy video when compiz is active.

On 09/23/08 02:31, Digital Ninja wrote:
Dear List,

I have a problem, where I am not sure if I am missing a module, or have
an xorg.conf issue. I am using an Radeon X1400 video card in my laptop
(Lenovo R60) I have compiz up and running, and seem to have no other
issues. When I start a video while compiz is running, then the video is
very choppy. During cube rotate or when moving the normalized window,
the video blinks and is almost full screen. I have tried to submit this
question to the xorg list, but am having technical difficulties getting
my mail posted.

Here is some info, that I hope will be helpful in finding the error.
[snip]
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
	Driver      "fglrx"
	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection
[snip]

And the last bit of info baffles me every time.

~$ glxinfo | grep -i direct
direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

Even though it was working for a while (That direct rendering was
enabled ) This setting just seems to keep changing. Is there something
in  my xorg.conf that is causing this. AAAAARGH! Thanks for all

It seems that you haven't loaded the relevant kernel module.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson