Re: convert odt to pdf via the command line

Roberto D'Oliveira wrote:
2008/9/24 Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com>:
I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any
tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor did
google.

Last time I needed this, I ended up adding a pdf printer and  printing the
documents to that printer using the -pt option of oowriter.

However, it is not very reliable, since the command returns immediately and
the pdf is available only after some time. Makes it tricky to write a script
that has to use the generated pdf.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran

I'm using unoconv for this work.

Unfortunately for me, unoconv is only available on lenny and later. For etch, the script pointed out by François Cerbelle does a fairly good job.

Thank you.
Raj Kiran Grandhi