convert odt to pdf via the command line

I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor did google.

Last time I needed this, I ended up adding a pdf printer and printing the documents to that printer using the -pt option of oowriter.

However, it is not very reliable, since the command returns immediately and the pdf is available only after some time. Makes it tricky to write a script that has to use the generated pdf.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran